Basic knowledge of cosmetic packaging materials
1. Plastic bottle
1. The material of plastic bottle is usually PP, PE, K material, AS, ABS, acrylic, PET, etc.
2. Generally used in cosmetics containers with thicker walls, cream bottles, caps, stoppers, gaskets, pump heads, and dust covers are injection molded; PET blow molding is two-step molding, tube embryo is injection molding, and the finished product is packaged For blowing. Others, such as emulsion bottles and washing bottles with thin container walls, are blown bottles.
3. PET material is an environmentally friendly material with high barrier properties, light weight, non-breaking characteristics, chemical resistance, and strong transparency. It can be made into pearlescent, colored, magnetic white, and transparent. It is widely used in gel water. The bottle mouth is generally standard 16#, 18#, 22#, 24# caliber, which can be used with a pump head.
4. Acrylic is made of injection molding bottle, which has poor chemical resistance. Generally, paste cannot be directly filled. It needs to be equipped with an inner tank to block the filling. The filling is not easy to be too full to prevent the paste from entering between the inner tank and the acrylic bottle. In order to avoid cracks, the packaging requirements are high during transportation, because it looks particularly obvious after scratches, has high permeability, and the sensory wall is very thick, but the price is quite expensive, so there are many imitation acrylics, most of which are MS , AS, PS these 3 kinds.
5. AS, ABS: AS has better transparency than ABS and better toughness.
6. Mold development costs: blowing molds are 1,500 yuan-4,000 yuan, injection molds are 8,000 yuan-20,000 yuan, molds made of stainless steel are more expensive than alloy materials, but they are durable. Several molds can be produced at a time. The demand for production volume, if the production volume is large, you can choose a mold with four or six molds, and the customer can decide by himself.
7. The order quantity is generally 30-10 million, and the color can be customized. Usually the primary color is frosted and magnetic white, or the pearl powder effect is added. Although the bottle and cap are matched with the same color master, sometimes it is due to the bottle and cap. The materials used are different, and the colors displayed are somewhat different.
8. The screen printing has ordinary ink and UV ink. UV ink has good effect, gloss and three-dimensional effect. You should make a plate to confirm the color during production. The effect of screen printing on different materials will be different.
9. The processing technology of bronzing and silver bronzing is different from that of printing gold powder and silver powder. Hard materials and smooth surfaces are more suitable for bronzing and silver bronzing. The soft surface has poor bronzing effect, easy to fall off, and the gloss of bronzing silver. Degree is better than printing gold and silver.
10. The silk screen film should produce a negative film, the graphic effect is black, the background color is transparent, the hot stamping and silver hot process need to produce a positive film, the graphic effect is transparent, and the background color is black. The proportion of text and pattern should not be too small or too thin, otherwise the effect will not be printed.
11. Bottle caps are generally equipped with inner gaskets, pull caps, inner plugs, and a small number of them are equipped with small spoons or droppers. This is mainly because of its tightness and ease of use.
12. The production cycle is relatively moderate, about 15 days. The silk-screened cylindrical bottle is calculated as a single color, and the flat bottle or irregular-shaped bottle is calculated as two-color or multi-color. Usually, the first silk-screening fee or fixture fee is charged. The unit price is generally 0.08 yuan/color order to 0.1 yuan/color order, the screen version is 100 yuan-200 yuan/model, and the fixture is about 50 yuan/piece.
Second, the glass bottle
1. Glass bottles used in cosmetics are mainly divided into: skin care products (creams, lotions), perfumes, essential oils, and nail polishes. The capacity is small, and the capacity larger than 200ml is rarely used in cosmetics.
2. Glass bottles are divided into wide-mouthed bottles and narrow-mouthed bottles. For solid pastes, a wide-mouthed bottle is generally used. It should be equipped with aluminum or plastic caps. The caps can be used for color spraying effects; Generally, narrow-mouth bottles are used for pastes, and pump heads should be used. Pay attention to prevent the springs and balls from rusting. Now most pump heads are equipped with glass beads, which are usually used for material body testing. For example, a cover needs to be equipped with an inner plug. The small hole is the same as the inner plug for the water solution, and the larger hole is used for the thicker emulsion.
3. The glass bottles are more consistent in material selection, with more shapes, rich processing techniques, and diversified matching with bottle caps. Common bottle shapes include cylindrical, oval, flat, prismatic, and cone shapes. Manufacturers often develop series of bottle shapes. The bottle body process includes spraying, transparent, frosted, translucent toning, silk screen, hot stamping, hot silver and so on.
4. Silk screen printing: There are usually two types of glass bottle screen printing. One is high temperature ink screen printing, which is not easy to decolorize, the color is dull, and the purple color palette is difficult to produce. The other is low temperature ink screen printing, which has brighter color. The ink has higher requirements, otherwise it will easily fall off, and attention should be paid to bottle disinfection.
5. The effect of spraying generally requires an additional 0.5 yuan-1.1 yuan per piece, depending on the area and the difficulty of toning. The silk screen is 0.1 yuan per color. Cylindrical bottles can be calculated as a single color, and special-shaped bottles are calculated as two-color or multi-color. , Bronzing and silver 0.4 yuan/section.
6. If the glass bottle is made by hand mold, there will be a little deviation in the capacity. It should be tested and marked correctly when selecting it. For example, the automatic production line is more uniform, but the shipment volume is relatively large, and the cycle is relatively long. The capacity is relatively stable.
7. The uneven thickness of the glass bottle can easily lead to damage, or it is easy to be squeezed by the contents under severe cold conditions. A reasonable capacity should be tested during filling, and paper should be used for transportation and separated individually. The product should be Equipped with a color box, the inner support and the middle box can be more anti-vibration effect.
8. Commonly used glass bottles are usually in stock, such as essential oil bottles, ordinary transparent or frosted bottles. The production cycle of glass bottles is long, as fast as 20 days, and some delivery periods take 45 days. Generally, the order quantity is 5,000 to 10,000. The smaller the bottle type, the larger the quantity to be made. The cycle and the minimum order quantity will be both. Affected by peak season and off-season. 9. Mold opening cost: manual mold is about 2500 yuan, automatic mold is generally about 4,000 yuan, 1 out of 4 or 1 out of 8 is about 16,000 yuan-32,000 yuan, depending on the manufacturer's conditions.
10. The bottle cap process can be used for electrochemical aluminum lettering, bronzing, and etched lines. There are matte and bright colors. It must be equipped with gaskets and inner caps. It is best to use pressure-sensitive films to enhance the sealing effect.
11. Essential oil bottles are usually made of brown or colored and colored matte, which can avoid light. The lid has a safety ring and can be equipped with an inner plug or a dropper. The perfume bottle is usually equipped with an exquisite spray pump head or a plastic cap. The quality of essential oil bottles is actually very obvious. Manual molds are very well distinguished from automatic machine molds. Shandong's essential oil bottles are generally of the best quality. Zibo's automatic line of essential oil bottles are usually packed in egg cells, and the damage rate is Very low, high price, a few are also packaged in plastic, Nanhai, Haimen, Guangzhou also have auto-molded essential oil bottles, all of which are packaged in plastic, the packaging is rough, easy to break, and the price is low. Manual molds are generally available in various places. They are generally used when customers have specific requirements for the mouth or color of essential oil bottles, and when they reach a certain quantity (generally the minimum order quantity is more than 20,000), the factory will be required to use manual molds to tailor themselves. Of course, the price of essential oil bottles is more expensive than that of automatic machines.
Third, the hose
1. The hose is divided into single-layer, double-layer, and five-layer hoses, which are different in terms of pressure resistance, anti-permeability and hand feeling. For example, the five-layer tube consists of an outer layer, an inner layer, and two adhesive layers. Barrier layer. Features: It has excellent gas barrier properties, which can effectively prevent the infiltration of oxygen and peculiar smell gas, and prevent the leakage of the content fragrance and effective ingredients.
2. Double-layer pipes are more commonly used. Single-layer pipes can be used for medium and low-grade pipes. The diameter of the hose is 13#—60#. When a hose of a certain diameter is selected, different capacity characteristics are indicated by different lengths. , The volume can be adjusted from 3ml to 360ml. In order to be beautiful and coordinated, the caliber below 35# is commonly used for 60ml or less, and 35#—45# is usually used for 100ml or 150ml.
3. In terms of technology, it is divided into round tube, oval tube, flat tube and super flat tube. Flat tube and super flat tube are more complicated than other tubes. They are also new types of tubes released in recent years, so their prices are correspondingly more expensive.
4. Hose caps have various shapes, generally divided into flat caps, round caps, high caps, flip caps, super flat caps, double-layer caps, spherical caps, lipstick caps, and plastic caps can also be processed in a variety of processes, bronzing Edges, silver edges, colored caps, transparent, oil spray, electroplating, etc., tip caps and lipstick caps are usually equipped with inner plugs. Hose caps are injection molded products and hoses are drawn tubes. Most hose manufacturers do not produce hose caps themselves.
5. Some products need to be filled before sealing. The sealing can be divided into: straight pattern sealing, diagonal pattern sealing, umbrella sealing, star point sealing, special-shaped sealing, and sealing can be required when sealing. The required date code is printed at the end.
6. The hose can be made of colored tubes, transparent tubes, colored or transparent frosted, pearl tubes, and there are matte and bright points. The matte looks elegant but easy to get dirty. The difference between colored tubes and large-area printing on the tube body can be Judging from the cut at the tail, the white cut is a large-area printing tube, and the ink used is demanding, otherwise it will easily fall off and will crack and expose white marks after being folded.
7. The hose production cycle is generally 15 to 20 days (starting from the confirmation of the sample tube). The order quantity for a single product is 5,000 to 10,000. Large-scale manufacturers usually order 10,000 as the minimum quantity, which is very small. If the manufacturer has a large variety, the single product can be ordered with a minimum order quantity of 3,000. Few customers make their own molds. Most of them are public molds (a few special lids are private molds). The contracted and actual supply quantities are available. There is a deviation of ±10% in this industry.
8. The quality of the hose is different from the price of the manufacturer. The plate-making fee is usually 200 yuan-300 yuan. The tube body can be multi-color printing and silk screen printing. Individual manufacturers have thermal transfer equipment and technology. Hot stamping and hot stamping are calculated based on the unit price of the area. The silk-screen printing effect is better, the cost is more expensive and there are fewer manufacturers. Different manufacturers should be selected according to the needs of different levels.
Four, distributor / pump head
1. Distributors are divided into two types: tie-type and screw-type. In terms of function, they are divided into spray, foundation cream, lotion pump, aerosol valve, and vacuum bottle.
2. The size of the pump head is determined by the caliber of the matching bottle. The spray specification is 12.5mm-24mm, and the water output is 0.1ml/time—0.2ml/time. It is generally used for packaging perfumes, gel water and other products. The caliber The length of the same tube can be determined according to the height of the bottle.
3. The lotion pump has a wide range of specifications from 16ml to 38ml, and the water output is 0.28ml/time—3.1ml/time. It is generally used for creams and washing products.
4. Special dispensers such as foam pump heads and hand-button sprinklers. The foam pump head is a non-gas-filled hand-pressure pump head, which does not need to be filled to produce foam, and can produce quantitative high-quality foam with light pressure. . It is usually equipped with a special bottle. Hand-button sprinklers are usually used in products such as detergents.
5. The composition of the distributor is more complicated, generally including: dust cover, snap head, snap rod, gasket, piston, spring, valve, bottle cap, pump body, straw, valve ball (with steel ball, glass ball). Bottle caps and dust caps can be colored, electroplated, and can be covered with anodized aluminum rings. Since a set of pump heads involves many molds, and the order quantity is large, the minimum order quantity is 10,000 to 20,000, and the delivery period is 15 to 20 days after the sample is confirmed. White and general-purpose types are often available in stock.
6. Airless bottles are usually cylindrical, with specifications ranging from 15ml to 50ml, and some have 100ml. The overall capacity is small. It relies on the principle of atmospheric pressure to avoid pollution caused by cosmetics during use. Vacuum bottles have anodized aluminum, plastic plating and colored Plastic, the price is more expensive than other general containers, and the general order quantity is not high.
7. Distributor customers seldom open molds by themselves, they need more molds, and the cost is higher.
Five, aluminum platinum bag
1. According to the material, there are pure aluminum bags, aluminized bags, PV, PE, BOPP, PET, PEGT bags, etc. Material classification Pure aluminum bag Aluminized bag PV PE BOPP PET PEGT
2. There are three-side sealing bag, middle sealing bag, bone-fitting bag, upright bag, vacuum bag and roll bag.
3. Aluminum platinum bag and shrink film material characteristics: high-barrier plastic packaging material that is good for freshness, quality and shelf life. It has low cost, light weight, impact resistance, transparency, microwave heating, convenience and large room for packaging design options. Features.
4. The pure aluminum bag has a metallic texture, is easy to crease, and can be color printed. The aluminum-plated bag is matte, bright and can be printed, and it is soft. It is suitable for the trial packaging of lotion and paste. PET, aluminized PET, CPE are suitable for shampoo or liquid, BOPP/CPE is suitable for daily necessities such as washing powder.
5. The cost of pure aluminum bags is about 30% higher than the unit price of galvanized bags. The economic order is larger. Large manufacturers prefer smaller manufacturers. Take a 4cm×10cm bag as an example. Large manufacturers generally order 100,000. For small manufacturers, the MOQ is about 30,000. For roll film, it can be made from 30 to 50 kg without printing, about 38 yuan/kg. For printing, the MOQ is about 100kg, about 45 yuan/kg. Special filling equipment is required. Take 6cm×9cm as an example, 10g can pack about 1200 pieces/kg (6cm×8cm, 8g pack about 1500 pieces/kg, 5cm×7cm, 6g pack about 1600 pieces/kg )
6. After the design is confirmed, MO or CD production and color samples (PinTon) will be provided as the basis for plate making, and the manufacturer is required to make samples and confirm before arranging production.
7. Plate-making fee: According to the equipment requirements and design graphics and text requirements of different specification manufacturers, the plate-making cost is different, generally between 850 yuan and 1500 yuan per color. There are electro-engraved and normal plates. For text alone, you can use wire-made plates. .
8. The production cycle and continuous plate making time generally take 15 to 20 days, and there will be a ±10% quantity deviation during production.
9. The production bag is made by high temperature compounding during production, which is relatively clean and does not require special disinfection during filling.
10. Such as handbags, gift bags and customers who have extremely high printing requirements, the better version will have better results.
11. Bag filling and cost, the packaging material is single, the processing fee is 0.08 yuan/piece, the processing order is 1,000 packages, and the material loss is 2%; the film material, the processing fee is 0.03 yuan/piece, processing order The quantity is from 10,000 packs, and the material loss is about 0.8kg (for machine adjustment and actual filling quantity).
Six, blister class
1. Blister packaging materials are often used for packaging bottle cushion cards and gift set inner sleeve shapes, packaging stable bottom cushions and promotion rack selection.
2. Types of blister products. Mainly used in cosmetics are face masks, folding blister, bottom edge, turnover tray, half fold, bottom cover, and three-fold blister.
3. Materials for blister: A, PVC transparent, translucent, frosted effect or multi-color thickness 0.12mm-0.8mm B, PS multiple colors thickness 0.2mm-0.8mm C, APET (environmental protection material) can be folded, not Hot edge thickness 0.2mm -0.8mm D, PETG (environmental protection material) can be flocked and high pressure cycle thickness 0.2mm -0.8mm E, flocking sheet (with PVC and PS film), a variety of colors thickness 0.2mm -0.8mm
4. The production process and time of the blister mold: The plaster mold is made manually. Except for the three-fold blister, it takes three days. Other types only need two days. The electrolytic copper mold takes 4 to 6 days. The product can be made of resin, but it is easy to shrink, and the size and model of the blister will change if the production quantity is too large.
5. Blister department and punching time: Under normal circumstances, if the order is the first time, it will take about five days for the other party to confirm the sample to the final delivery, and the second delivery will take three days.
6. Due to the cost sharing of molds, it is generally required to make a larger quantity of finished products before the unit price will be lower and the economic order quantity will be reached. 7. Mold costs and requirements: Copper molds are about 500 yuan/set-800 yuan/set, depending on different manufacturers and production quantities. For example, a single manufacturer with a small blister area can make 4-8 finished products. It is necessary to provide a physical model when opening the mold. In order to match the beautiful transparent or white blister, it will be used with silk cloth. The blister can also be replaced by sponge or pearl cotton of different density. There are many colors of sponge, white sea Cotton will turn yellow if it takes too long, and it will take up a lot of space in material transportation and storage.
Seven, film semi-finished products
1. The main types of film: facial mask, eye patch, nasal patch, neck mask, lip mask, umbilical mask, hand mask, foot mask, beauty milk mask and other film products, which can be processed with different materials and shapes according to customer needs. For example, the eye patch has a figure eight shape, a crescent shape, and so on.
2. The film types are divided into full viscose (also known as pure cotton), blended (usually 8:2 blend) cotton paper, spunlace cloth, penghua paper, etc. The commonly used are full viscose and blended materials.
3. The full viscose film is more suitable, not easy to deform, absorbs more essence, and can be stored for 2-3 years after making the finished product.
4. Blended membranes (80% of full viscose, 20% of other materials such as tape) are also more conformable, less absorbing, and more widely applicable.
5. Spunlace fabrics containing chemical fiber components are likely to cause skin sensitivity to users, so it is not recommended to use them, and other materials are rarely used.
6. The principle of material selection, 40g to 80g full viscose or blends should be used for large paste areas, and 60g or more for small paste areas, such as eye masks and nasal masks. The specific standards can be guided by product planning. Adjustment.
7. Modeling processing generally can be processed by opening new molds as required, and the cost is about 100 yuan-200 yuan/piece. It takes about 15 days to order materials, and the processing of stock materials can be delivered in batches in about three days. 8. Membrane can be matched with pearl film to maintain the shape and effect of the product. 9. The general order quantity is about 50,000 pieces, which is an economic order quantity, and the template fee is free.
Eight, carton category
1. As the outer packaging for product sales, cartons play a major role in warehousing and transportation. For example, novel design can be used as a means of image promotion.
2. The selection of materials depends on the product packaging requirements. Choose the material and accessory structure of the carton. Generally, it is required to have a backing plate, a knife card and a middle packaging box to enhance protection. It can be determined according to the customer's requirements. The high-density paper is harder and the price Higher, the tissue paper can be kraft paper or white liner paper.
3. The processing method generally requires that after cutting according to the specifications, the saddle stitching is formed, and multi-color printing can be carried out. After the design graphics and color samples are finalized, the color samples can be handed over to the factory for printing.
4. The order quantity is generally more than 100 sets. If you need to open a new mold for production, the cost will be shared. The mold fee is a one-time charge, and the renewal can be executed at the original quotation.
5. The production cycle is generally 4 to 5 days, and cartons occupy more storage space. It is recommended that small batch order plus contracted inventory be better.
Nine, silk screen
1. Silk screen is generally used as the process of graphic label processing for packaging products, which has an important influence on the image of the product, so it has higher technical requirements.
2. Glass bottle screen printing: For screen printing on blank transparent or frosted or sprayed bottles, use high-temperature inks. After coloring, they will be baked at high temperature. They will not fade and are not easy to scratch. The color is relatively heavy, so choose a high-temperature furnace. For silk screen printing, the minimum printing quantity is generally more than 5000, and the charge for less than 5000 is 500 yuan/model/color, and for more than 5000, it is calculated by 0.1 yuan/color.
3. In the design, no more than 2 colors should be considered. Negative films should be produced when the film is produced. The characters, patterns, and lines should not be too thin or too large, which may cause broken lines or ink accumulation. Proof should be confirmed before mass production. There is a color difference.
4. If the frosted glass bottle is misprinted, it can be printed again after the grinding process. The processing fee is 0.1 yuan-0.2 yuan/piece.
5. The same color printing of round bottles is counted as one color, and the calculation basis for flat or oval bottles is based on the number of printing surfaces and the number of printing colors on the printing surface.
6. Plastic containers are divided into ordinary ink and UV ink screen printing. UV ink is widely used. The characters and pictures are three-dimensional, more glossy, not easy to fade, can be printed with multi-color effects, and the print volume is generally more than 1,000.
7. The screen printing of glass and plastic bottles requires a printing fee. If it is a new specification packaging bottle and the screen printing factory does not have the corresponding fixture, it will charge a fixture fee, but this fee can be deducted by doing a certain amount of silk printing, for example, the business volume is full 2 This fee is waived for more than 10,000 yuan. Each manufacturer has different conditions. Generally, the screen printing fee is 50-100 yuan/piece, and the fixture fee is 50 yuan/piece. The bronzing plate fee is 200 yuan/piece.
8. Proof before batch screen printing, and produce after confirming the effect of graphic screen printing. After confirmation, the production adjustment cycle is 4-5 days, depending on the screen printing difficulty and quantity. 9. Usually the silk screen factory has hot stamping, hot silver and other processing techniques. The screen printing methods include manual, mechanical screen printing, pad printing and sticker pad printing. 10. When producing and using silk-screened bottles, care should be taken to avoid excessive handling or collisions, to avoid the effect of grinding silk-screen printing, and to choose a reasonable disinfection method during production. 11. The lowest cost of silk screen printing is 0.06 yuan/color, but special attention should be paid to the failure of the expected design effect due to poor silk screen printing, and the entire batch of containers may be scrapped. Screen printing can be printed according to the percentage of spot color to achieve rich colors